Friday, January 4, 2008

P2F - Busy Birdy Morning = )

Day 70 - Fri Jan 4: Well, first period has JUST ended but I already have 3 quick Pledge to Fledge interactions to share!!

1)My tie choice this morning was one that has not left the roost of my closet in months. A few kids commented that I had a "new" tie on today. Upon closer inspection, they noticed there were hundreds of owls perched on the satin threads.

I see owl chats popping up throughout the day ; )

2) One of my homeroom students gleefully asked if she could get something from her locker. She returned a few minutes later with a bird magazine from her grandmother's house. During her visit last night, she saw the magazine and begged her grandmother for permission to bring it in to school. She and I along with some of her friends flipped through the pages and talked about some of the birds during homeroom.

3) My first period class was working on a project. This particular group has many focused and determined students. A few of these hard workers were totally finished their project and had nothing else to do.

I offered them to borrow a book from my shelves to read but they didn't bite. I was really hoping to have them pick one of the many birdy titles = (

Then, I pulled a rabbit from my hat - or my accurately the top of my perpetually messy desk. I asked if they liked playing Memory. Their eyes lit up.

Victory is mine!

I presented them with a Bird Memory game. They snatched it out of my hand quicker than a pigeon on bread crumbs. Not a peep was heard from either of them for the rest of the period = )

No comments: