Tuesday, December 11, 2007

P2F - It's a Lo-o-o-ng Drive!

Day 53 - Mon Dec 3: Our annual Student Council Food Drive was launched with a barrage of middle schoolers carting canned goods down to our library. What a great opportunity to get down to some birding business!

As co-advisor for our Student Council, my job is to help set-up for each day's collections and organize items as they come in. While this can be a logistical headache, it also gives me a chance to chat briefly with of my some former students.

One or two kids brought up the recent Courier Post article. What really surprised me though was several students asking if I've seen any new Life Birds recently!

It was nice to know that these former students still remember such birdy terms ; )

This was definitely a good morning to be a teacher. There was a flock of kids working their tails off for charity AND talking birds at the same time.

Yep - teaching can be rewarding!!

No comments: