Sunday, November 4, 2007

P2F - Loony Day

Day 38 - Tues Oct 30 When I left the house this morning, I was confident that there would be little if any thing to share here. There was a series of scheduled meetings that promised to be less than pleasurable which would command much of my attention. Before leaving the house, I donned my favorite tie to help keep my spirits up.

Low and behold, the fledging foundation was falling into place all day!

I've been wearing this blue loon tie for several years. Sometimes, it spurs some interest among the kids. (As a matter of fact, I posted once last year about the hullabaloo the tie stirred up last year.)
my favorite tie - if you know where I can find similar ones - PLEASE let me know!

All day long, students, other teachers, secretaries, and subsitutes were all commenting on my "beautiful tie"! Perhaps my colleagues knew what was going on behind the scenes and were trying to cheer me up. Regardless, I took every opporuntity to clear up that it was a Common Loon and NOT A DUCK!

It turned out to be a very birdy day after all = )

btw - the meetings went much better than expected by anyone!

No comments: