Tuesday, January 1, 2008

P2F - Father Time

Day 65 - Thurs Dec 20: Getting older is inevitable but I'm starting to feel like Father Time.

I received another very thoughtful gift today - a bird calendar!

This particular calendar highlights a different National Wildlife Refuge each month. Our "hometown" favorite Edwin B. Forsythe NWR is Mr. August in the collection = )

And boy - does Mr. August have nice pecs!

A beautiful Pectoral Sandpiper is featured since the blurb focuses on the shorebird migraton that draws so many Jersey Birders to Brig in late summer despite the onslaught of greenheads.

What made this gift even more special was its givers. Twins that started birding with me last year brought it in for me even though I don't have them as students anymore. Each of the girls (and their mother) wrote a very nice sentiment in the card.

Sometimes, there is absolutely no denying just how much birds can positively impact the lives of kids = )

No comments: