Tuesday, December 11, 2007

P2F - Travel Tips from Teachers

Day 56 -Fri Dec 7: This morning was absolutely nuts. The final day of the Food Drive brought in more items that all the previous days combined. We were sorting and boxing cans. We were collecting homeroom counts and entering the data on to the computer.

Unfortunately, I was unable to give one of the homeroom kids my fullest attention when she very politely said, "Mr. Mag, my grandparents have a questions for you."

"See me during class, Lauren. I'd be happy to talk to you about it a little later."

Class time approached and so did she. "Can I ask you now?"

"Ask me what?!"

"My grandparents are going to China and they are wondering what kind of binoculars to buy before they go. They wanted me to ask you your opinion."

Woo-Hoo! This can be fun!

She and I talked optics (power, weight, companies, prices, etc.) for a few minutes before I noticed that glazed over look. OK - maybe I talked and she simply got lost in my car dealer radio commercial disclaimer delivery.

"You know what. Have your grandparetns or parents e-mail me. I will talk to them directly and see specifically what they're going to use them for."

I look forward to talking binoculars with grown-ups in the coming weeks!

No comments: