Monday, December 31, 2007

P2F - Pollyana Wants a Cracker

Day 62 - Mon Dec 17: The Pledge to Fledge blog generally highlights bird-related interactions with my students (or other kids). Yet, today I feel compelled to share what happened at a holiday pollyana party with some fellow teachers.

Immediately upon receiving the familiar shaped gift, I ust hoped the calendar would be something of my interest.

RIP! Tear! Crumple!

A Songbirds calendar! Complete with bird song CD!!

Yep - I would enjoy this.

Within seconds the proclamations reverberate around the room, "the perfect gift for the Bird Man of VMS!"

With the door flung open, I savor this opportunity. The calendar is swiftly released from its cellophane sheathing. Colorful favorites such as American Goldfinches, Ingido Buntings, and Northern Cardinals adorn each month. The expected "Oohs" and Aahs" did not sound the least bit obligatory as the calendar was passed around the room.

Everyone was quite surprised to hear that most of these attractive birds could be found on our own school grounds!

No comments: