Sunday, December 9, 2007

P2F - Awkward Request

Day 49 - Mon Nov 19: My last period class was quietly working on an activity so I quickly checked my e-mail.

The reporter had a request from her editor. She wanted to have another photographer come out to the school TOMORROW. This time, the focus was to be KIDS.

Granted, this made total sense given the subject of the upcoming article. There were several problems with this request.

First, I have yet to have this year students in the field. I usually wait to get the new batch out into the field until we know each other better. This allows for a much more pleasurable and productive birding experience for all involved, especially the birds.

Second, it would be no small task to get in touch with my 7th and 8th grade birders on such short notice.

Decisions, Decisions.

I announced that I would be going out to look for some birds afterschool tomorrow and asked who would be interested in joining me. More than half the class raised their hands. When I explained the newspaper/photographer situation, several more hands joined the legions.

I'm so comfortable with practically staging the shoot but the kids are up for it.

I will let you know how it goes ; )

As an aside, the name of this group is the Wings!

No comments: