Monday, November 19, 2007

P2F - Birds as Medication

Day 43 - Tues Nov 6: Despite not having any students today, there were bird droppings throughout my in-service this morning.

The most interesting came during a discussion with colleagues about daily trials abd tribulations of grown up life. One teacher was sharing some less than wonderful happenings of the past year. Then, turning to me, she said, "You know what has been my strength through all this? Birds. We love watching all those little birds at the shore during our summer vacation. This fall, we have had so many new birds visit our feeders. It's so exciting to watch something different come in."

I offered my understanding, "birds can be a fun escape without a doubt."

Her reply was both entertaining and enlightening, "Watching them at our feeder makes things better. I'm telling you those little birds are better than Valium!"

No comments: