Monday, October 29, 2007

P2F - Teachers Spend Weekend Together?!

Day 35 - Thurs Oct 25: While in the teacher's lounge during lunch, one of my colleagues told us she was spending the weekend in Cape May. I COULD NOT resist this opportunity!

My involuntary Fledging Birders reflex kicked into high gear. Akin to a Merlin, a quick and direct string of comments flew out of my mouth in one long breath sans the pauses and inflection of punctuation, "keep your eyes out for hawks flying over stop by the convention center for some really cool exhibits We'll be down too we should all get together"

She giggled her typical giggle then replied, "Huh?!"

We discussed her teacher workshop, hawk migration, the birding festival, and my own family getaway in Cape May with all the the other teachers in the room.

Eyes were definitely opened a bit more. Some to my child-like enthusiasm. Some to an interesting teacher training program. But all to birds!

No comments: