Tuesday, October 16, 2007

P2F - Spreading Their Own Wings

Day 25 - Thurs Oct 11: One of my most dedicated young birders rushed into my classroom this morning. The 7th grader was out of breath from her lengthy speed walking dash. After taking a brief moment to compose herself, she shared with me (and my homeroom students) her thrilling walk to school.

"Mr. Mag! Mr. Mag! We saw a really cool bird flying over the parking lot. At first, I didn't know exactly what it was. But then I got a better look - it was a KESTREL!!! Can we add it to or school list?!"

She took great pride in adding the new species to our schoolyard year list. As if this wasn't rewarding enough, my 6th grade homeroom students starting asking me questions about the sighting and she was was ansering them - CORRECTLY!

No comments: