Sunday, September 30, 2007

P2F - The Ripple Effect

Day 15 - Thurs, Sept 27: Not a very birdy day in my class today BUT...
A science teacher shared the recent issue of children's magazine with me. The magazine focuses on owls and features a Great Horned on the cover. He said he was definitely going to share the magazine with his class and tell them that I was the bird man. He also asked if I could bring in some more wild pellets for him this year.

This was very good news in terms of Fledging Birders. It's one thing to talk about birds with my own students. But having other teachers share MY passion with their students demonstrates into the larger ripple effect that this year's Pledge to Fledge blogging is all about!

The excitement of birding is absolutely contagious. Why hold back something so wonderful?!

No comments: